Building People. Spreading Hope.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Live Favor-Minded


Years ago, when I was ministering in Scandinavia a lot, I used to travel by train frequently to get to my preaching destinations. Most European trains run on perfect time. It was unusual when my train reached late and I missed my connecting train to my final destination.

I didn’t get upset. I politely asked the train authorities to find me a way to get me to my final destination. They didn’t want to hear that. They said that their policy doesn’t allow them to do anything beyond their train service. I quietly prayed for favor and said, “I’m sure you can bend the rules just once.” The gentleman looked at me strange and said, “Let me see what I can do for you.” He went into his office and told me to sit in the taxi parked outside. I said, “Sir, I don’t have money to pay for a taxi!” He said, “It’s paid for. It will take you where you need to go.” Long story sort, I arrived at my final destination before time and was able to minister on time. It was the most expensive taxi rides in my life and I didn't have to pay anything for it!

Why am I sharing this story with you? I’ve learned instead of panic if we live favor-minded, we will draw in favor. All my life I’ve been blessed with favor in unusual ways. I say this in a humble way but now I expect preferential treatment wherever I go. And it happens! My inner dialogue is, “I’m the darling of the world. Why wouldn’t people want to be good to me?” I may be naïve but do me a favor and leave me in my ignorance. I’ve learnt the secret of living favor-minded.

Living favor-minded doesn’t mean you’re arrogant, better than anyone else. It simply means you have a quiet confidence that God will open doors for you when you’re in a tight spot. When we live favor-minded, we’re not impatient or agitated. We know that something supernatural is going to happen because of our history with God.

One thing that keeps us from experiencing God’s favor is to get in a hurry. When we live a hurried life, we tend to seek our own solution. It is good to be pro-active. But it is better to persevere and wait on God’s favor. When you live favor-minded God will open door for you in the last minute when all options are exhausted. That way, only He gets all the glory.

When you need God’s intervention, don’t look at your natural circumstances, the statistics, the political climate or the down economy. Favor-minded people live on a different level. In the right sense, you’re a child of the Most High, you deserve preferential treatment. Many of you travel frequently and you have an advantage card that allows you to board the plane ahead of others. Living favor-minded means to have a God-vantage card in your pocket allowing you to cruise through life ahead of the rest!

Today, you may need a job or a better job. Maybe you want your child to act more mature. Maybe you need a miracle in your body. It could be that you need favor with a certain customer or your boss at work. Friend, no matter what difficult situation you’re in, with a touch of God’s favor, anything can change in the blink of an eye. Your marriage will be restored. Your children will make better grades. An inheritance will come into your hand. If you believe, God’s favor will set you up twenty years ahead. Remember, you are a child of God and He has preferential treatment reserved just for you. Decide today to live favor-minded! I’m praying God’s favor to overtake you.

“Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield” (Psalm 5:12 NIV).”

What are your thoughts?

Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment