Building People. Spreading Hope.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Double for Your Trouble


Some of you know that my luggage was lost en-route my recent mission trip to Asia. When I got there, I was frustrated. For the first two days I was anxious and tried everything I could to locate my prodigal suitcase but to no avail!

After multiple attempts dealing with the airlines I was dangerously close to losing my temper as I’ve done many times before. But I’ve been growing. I heard the small voice of the Holy Spirit saying, “I’ve brought you here to touch thousands of lives are you going to let a lost suitcase sidetrack your purpose?” I was ashamed of myself. I stopped calling the airline and went on to touch over five thousand lives for our Lord.

After several weeks, my time on the mission field came to an end and I had survived with one shirt and a pair of jeans. I borrowed clothes once. Yes, I did wash my clothes at night.

After forty days, I got a call from a stranger. He said, “This is Mr. Jose from Mexico City, Mexico. I’m from the American Airlines. We saw your phone number on the suitcase. We have your lost baggage and we want to return it to you.” (I flew with another airline to Asia). Somehow my luggage ended up in Mexico. In a couple of days I picked up my suitcase. A few electronic items were missing. So I reported that immediately. The same day, when I looked at my mail a check was waiting to recover all the missing items plus more. When I tried to refund the excess amount they said, “Just keep the whole check for the trouble that was caused due to this incident.”

When I started to ponder on this whole episode, I couldn’t help but think of God’s goodness. Life doesn’t always play out as we want to but in the midst of our chaos God is always working. You may have problems that is insurmountable; dreams that are impossible. But let me tell you this, when we are patient and faithful toward our God, He will reward you double for your trouble. That sickness that has plagued you for years will be healed instantly. Your legal problem will be resolved in your favor with penalty and interest. You’ll qualify and move into your dream house. The mission trip you’ve been praying for will suddenly be funded. Friend, you may not see it coming but God is working behind the scenes. Stay in faith. He’s putting on the right connections and he’s lining up the right people.

Here’s my challenge for you today. Just because it’s taking a long time, don’t pull out your seed of faith. The more intense the pressure and the battle the sweeter and greater your victory will be.

Stay in faith! Faith is thanking God for tomorrow’s victory while you’re still fighting today’s battle. One thing you can do in the heat of the battle is to get your mind off the fight. The more you need the situation to change the less you’ve to look at your adversity. A farmer doesn’t plant a seed and then come back every day saying, “When are going to produce fruit? When am I going to eat of my labor?” No. A farmer has quite confidence that the seed is planted to produce. He goes his merry way, doing his due diligence waiting for the right season to harvest. The Word of God is the seed. Let’s stand on His promises. Let’s be patient and wait for the right time. When we do, God will reward us double for our trouble.

“Come home, hope-filled prisoners! This very day I’m declaring a double bonus—everything you lost returned twice-over” (Zechariah 9:12 The Message)!

What are your thoughts?
Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org
Stay Inspired: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUILD-International-Ministries/113937368637778?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment