Building People. Spreading Hope.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Be Hungry for God


Yesterday I was invited to a Christian meeting by an acquaintance. My friend didn’t show up but what I experienced was heartwarming. In spite of many believing America is dying spiritually I encountered the opposite. I saw people hungry for God!

My friend hadn’t told me any details of the meeting so when I realized that the meeting was in a house, I was surprised. The house wasn’t exceptionally big but both sides of the streets were jammed packed with cars. It took me forever to find a parking place. Immediately I knew these people were hungry for God.

When I walked into the house, I was shocked again. The house was buzzing with people everywhere. Immediately I felt at home. There was a long line of people approaching the food area with a huge spread. Again I was impressed! They’re feeding 100+ people free of charge!

In spite of the big house, there was no place to sit. People were occupying every single room of the building – fellowshipping and enjoying the meal. There were people from all different backgrounds.

When the commotion stopped, a young lady led the worship and another young man shared his testimony that people participated in through big TV screens in every room including the hallway. These people were hungry for God. The preacher delivered a dynamic message that went on for an hour and nobody complained! Again, I thought these people were hungry for God. They didn’t call it a church but it felt like what a church should be.

I prayed for a few people after the meeting and as I left the gathering I couldn’t help but think God is working. These people are hungry for God. One of my mentors used to say, “A hungry man will find a restaurant no matter where it is.” Certainly, these people were hungry for God and they’d found a spiritual restaurant.

Ministering in Asia, I see people hungry for God. In my recent trip to Nepal, we had a sixty three year old pastor and his wife come down from the Himalayan Mountains. They walked for twelve hours and rode the bus for another sixteen hours just to attend a one day meeting we’d put together. What is humbling is that the pastor had spent twenty six months in prison for preaching the Gospel and his ministry has planted two hundred churches! This pastor and his wife are hungry for God.

What about you?

Are you hungry for God? Are you growing spiritually? Are you grateful for what He has done? Are you doing anything special to show God how much you love Him? Do you love God and His other children? Are you learning about God? Who are your disciples?

Friend, today I want to challenge you to be hungry for God. No matter who or where you are we’re to stay hungry for God. When we lose the passion for our Lord, we begin to die spiritually. When we’re not growing spiritually, we are not operating in our full potential. Will you search your heart and turn it over to God. He longs to spend time with you. He wants to talk to you. He wants to fellowship with you. Will you give Him your listening heart and a sacrifice of praise? When we are hungry for God, He will fill our hearts with His peace and presence. When God is with us, we will demonstrate success in every area of our lives.

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6 NIV).

Click Here to Change the World: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment