Building People. Spreading Hope.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Don’t Leave Home Without It


Several years ago a credit card company ran its ad that is still stuck in my head. It said, “Don’t leave home without it.” That is not a very healthy financial wisdom but the concept was great. Credit cards are optional but there are certain things essential to life.

Today we’re going to talk about expecting and operating in God’s favor!

The first thing you must know about favor is God has given it all of us. You have to receive favor by faith. When you receive favor, you activate a supernatural lifestyle. Receiving favor from God with a grateful heart is like turning on the power switch. Favor will revitalize your life.

You can have all the right knowledge, equipment and connections but unless you have favor it is hard to make progress in life. When you have favor, doors will open wide without much of an effort. When you have favor, you’ll walk in the blessings of God; you’ll receive preferential treatment everywhere you go.

I have had favor in my life as far as I can remember. When my mother died I was only one year old. But God’s favor led me to an orphanage where the two founding ladies adopted my brothers and I like their own sons. After high school I got admitted to one of the most reputable college in spite of my grade being average. When I got called to be a minister, God raised thousands of people to support our vision. The favor continues and in a humble way, I’ve come to expect favor everywhere I go.

Declare favor over your own life. Bulk of my prayer time consists of declaring favor over my life. I’ve learnt, “It’s not so much what you have but does it have God’s favor on it or not makes the difference.” I’ve seen far less qualified people get the top job in the company. I’ve experienced much less talented people making it to the big stage. When we understand favor and declare it every day, we please God by putting our confidence in Him. We don’t deserve it but He wants us to declare it!

In the Bible there are famous examples of people who received and declared God’s favor. Noah found favor in the Lord. So did Mary the mother of Jesus. David was the least in his family. He was only a shepherd boy. Not much in appearance but God had chosen David. Prophet Samuel passed by seven of David’s older brothers to bless him with God’s favor. Later David would fight God’s enemy. Goliath was a professional fighter but David was anointed with favor. We all know the end of that story.

Are you standing in front of some giants today? The Bible says it’s the anointing (favor) that breaks bondages. Whatever you may be facing today, remember that you are highly favored by the Lord. No mountain of debt is too big for favor to remove. No sickness is too impossible for God to heal. God is breathing favor over your business today. Declare favor over your children. Favor will thrust you twenty years ahead.

If you want favor, you have to sow favor. Once I was in a retail store and a young man came in to apply for a job. He was desperate to work. When the manager passed by I highly recommended this stranger. He ended up getting a job there! You can’t be selfish and expect God to open doors for you. When you’re in traffic, let the other person squeeze in. When you’re in a long line and the person behind you has a few items, let them go ahead. When you receive bad service, give your waitress an extra big tip and a compliment. When children come knocking on your door for a fundraiser, just give the money and ask the child to enjoy the treat. Friend, when you sow favor, you’ll also reap favor!

Every day, like the credit card company advised, I declare favor over my life, before I leave my house. When you have favor, you don’t miss anything. You’ll be at the right place at the right time. Proclaiming God’s favor will release His blessings in our lives so we too can be a blessing to others.

Receive God’s favor today. Declare His favor over your own life. Expect favor and show favor to other. When we live favor-minded, we invite God to work on our behalf. Favor will take you places you’ve never dreamed about. Don’t leave home without favor.

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11 ESV).

Click Here to Join a Mission Trip to China: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment