Building People. Spreading Hope.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dazzle One Person Every Day


We’re all born with an innate desire to be loved, accepted and celebrated. When someone comes along to understand our value and takes the time to celebrate us, we feel like flying. It gives us butterfly in our stomachs.

This is what happens when people fall in love. Everybody in the world thinks how ordinary we are. Then comes along that special person who likes everything about you! Even your curly toes are complimented and you know what? You start to take better care of your toes!

Love is the most powerful force in the universe. But it doesn’t have to be confined to a male/female relationship. When we look at people with the eyes of love, we can see their hidden gifts and talents that even they don’t know about. One thing we all can strive to become is talent scouts. Always look to find the good in people.

But if you really want to make a lasting impact in people, dazzle one person every day. What do I mean by that? Add value to someone who is not expecting it. This is not as complicated as you think. Recently a friend told me, “Sandy, you’re the first person who ever took the time to hear my story.” Imagine that! You can dazzle someone simply by giving your listening ears. I have had wealthy people who have helped countless others tell me, “Nobody ever gave me a gift.” I keep little gifts in my car and when I meet someone who needs that extra boost or encouragement I leave them with a gift.

Another way we can dazzle people is to write handwritten notes. Personalized letter, expressing our love, appreciation or gratitude is a powerful tool to dazzle someone. I keep these special letters in an encouragement file. From time to time when I feel discouraged, I read and re-read the kind words people have said about me. It always sends me back to the moon again!

Jesus our Lord knew how to dazzle people. Every person that came to Jesus left Him feeling better about himself. That’s the way we ought to dazzle people that God brings in our path.

Some of you are thinking, “Sandy, I wish I was dazzled by someone like that!” Well, I hope you feel loved, accepted and celebrated by me and by our God. You’re incredible and priceless! But here’s the key, first you take the time to celebrate others. What you do for others, God will help others do for you. Today, when God brings people in your path, find a way to dazzle them. You’ll be amazed at the miracle you’ll create!

“Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God” Hebrews 13:16 ESV).

Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment