Building People. Spreading Hope.

Monday, March 18, 2013

No is Part of Your Yes


Many of us get discouraged when we hear or experiencing a negative result to a positive expectation. Every one of us is subject to “no” in spite of the best of our expectation. How we handle our “no” will determine how fast we’ll meet our yes!

Michael Jordan is arguably the best basketball player to ever play the game. While talking about his success he said, I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
 
Before you start your day, remind yourself to stay expecting for the big brakes. No matter what you face during the day, keep a hopeful attitude. You will only rise to the level of your expectation. Every time you hear a no, say to yourself, “I’m one more no closer to my yes!”

Once, Jesus was passing by blind Bartimaeus sitting beside the road. When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus was passing by he began to shout, “Jesus, have mercy on me.” The disciples were irritated and told him to shut up. Hearing that, faith rose higher in Bartimaeus and he began to shout even louder, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.” This time, hearing his cry of faith, Jesus stopped in his track. Bartimaeus was brought to Jesus and he was healed instantly. (Mark 10:46-52)

I’m not suggesting that we become obnoxious and push our agenda to people who have said no. But don’t make the mistake of shutting down and taking it personally when you hear a no. Don’t blame yourself. Don’t over analyze yourself. Don’t shrink back and stop reaching out. There are many reasons why people say and most of the time it has nothing to do with you or your presentation. When you hear a no, it doesn't necessarily mean this person will never say yes. Back off but keep the conversation going. Keep adding value to your potential client. Build relationship and approach again at an opportune time.

This week, as you go about your business, remember God has already approved you! He has people in line who are ready to hear your message right now. If you remain faithful to plant your seeds today, going past your “nos,” two, three or four months from now, the same people will be ready to do business with you. Next time you hear a no, say to yourself, “Thank you Lord, I’m one more no closer to my destiny.” You’ll be amazed at the future God has in store for you! I’m praying for you and I believe in you.

Say yes to no!

“You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy” Psalm 30:11 (NIV).

Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment