Building People. Spreading Hope.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Construction Zone of Life


Have you ever driven through a construction zone? Yesterday I got lost in one such area. The roads were dug up everywhere. Orange roadblocks covered the patches of paved road and construction trucks circled the torn up area. I ended up in such a dead road that one of the workers stopped me and asked, “Do you work here sir?” I said, “No.” He had to hold the traffic while I backed my car up to the main road. It was cumbersome.

As I got back on the right road I couldn’t help but think how life works in similar ways. Sometimes we’re thrown into a chaotic situation by life’s circumstances. We’re spun around, heads spinning and we’re clueless how to get out of the mess we’re in. Right now I have friends who are going through the construction zone of life. They’re struggling and waiting for relief, direction and purpose.

The scripture says, “He will go before us and make our crooked places straight.” Like a construction zone, everything in your life may look chaotic right now. But God will bring peace and order into your life. He has already gone before you and building a highway for you to zip through, enjoying the blessings of God.

A friend asked me, “Just when is the end?” I said, “End is when we’re happy with ourselves with what we have right now. What we do today is important because we’re exchanging a day of our lives for it. Good breaks are coming. Everything’s going to be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, then it’s not the end!” Today if you’re struggling with turmoil in your life, remember that God is going before you. He has your best interest at heart. He will never leave nor forsake you. He has provision for your journey through this wilderness. A breakthrough is coming!

You may have to slow down now, detour or even come to a dead end but rest assured, God is preparing a highway for you. When He is through building your life, He will remove the road blocks, the flagmen and once again you will cruise through life. Don’t fight the mess; yield to the Lord and stay in peace.

Friend, God has a great future in front of you. He has prepared streams in the desert. He made provision for you long before you got into this mess. Give it to God. Yield to His plans and purpose and you too will zip through life’s highway on your way to your destiny. I’m praying for you today!

“I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs” (Isaiah 41:18 NIV).

Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment