Building People. Spreading Hope.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

God Wants to Prosper You

 
I grew up surrounded by poverty and lack. We didn’t have enough food. We rubbed two bricks together to make brick dust and cleaned our teeth with fingers. I didn’t wear shoes until I was twelve years old. I grew up thinking and living in poverty.
 
The first church I went to taught us more of the same. Poverty was glorified as if God loved the poor and He sent all rich people to hell. As I took off my denominational glasses and began to study the Word of God, I found the Bible promises blessings and prosperity to all who believe. After twenty seven years, I can testify that God has used us to help tens of thousands distributing millions of dollars.
 
The first thing I had to change in my view of prosperity was my thinking. I literally had to be delivered from the poverty mindset. Our greatest treasure on earth should be our relationship with our Lord. But nowhere in the Bible God teaches us to be poor. Instead, God promises us abundance in every area of our lives – health, wealth, peace, relationships, work and influence.
 
Jesus met a young man who wanted to follow Him. Jesus was intrigued by this young man and began to give him certain criteria to follow the Kingdom of God. The young man proudly announced that he had kept the commandments and how he was worthy to follow the Master. The next thing Jesus prescribed has been misquoted and misused by centuries. Jesus said to the young man, “Sell everything you have and give it to the poor.” Of course, this young man’s problem was greed and he walked away from Jesus.
 
Most people I know do not have the greed problem. They’re misinformed. God wants to bless you. He wants to put great volume of resources in your hands. He wants to bless you and here’s why – He wants to make you a blessing!
 
My friend Glenn is a retired engineer in AZ. He still works for the city and he supports dozens of missionaries and ministries like ours with the money he makes. Friend, when we seek blessings for ourselves, we’re thinking too small. God knows your need for food, clothes and shelter. The reason God really wants to prosper you is to make you a conduit. I’ve never seen a water hose disbursing water not get wet itself! Money is a neutral tool. When you refuse to be blessed or asking just enough for yourself, you’re depriving thousands who God wants to bless through you.
 
Today I’m praying for your financial success. From this day onward, don’t beg, plead or try to convince God about your need for money. Instead, give him a list of people and projects you want to bless. When you think of blessing others, He will bless you. God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His children. It is God who gives you power to gain wealth. Have a vision for prosperity. Change your inner attitude. Not only your family is depending on you to step up to the plate for financial prosperity but the world waits to hear Gospel that takes great resources. Will you break free from poverty mindset and embrace God’s prosperity today? I know you will. God wants to prosper you!
 
“Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers” (3 John 1:2 NAS).
 
Change the World with the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment