Building People. Spreading Hope.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Call in God’s Favor


Many of God’s children are struggling to make it through the day. They’re surviving but they’re not thriving. God has promised uninterrupted blessings to people who honor Him with their lives. God’s favor is for a lifetime.

We’re all familiar with phrases like, “It rains on everybody.” We say, “Bad things happen to good people.” Yes, that may have been our experience in the past but that shouldn’t be our normal expectation. Christ was not teasing us when He promised that, “My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life” (John 10:10 NLT). We’re so programed for negative things to happen to us that when they do, we almost welcome it. This is not how God wants us to live. There’s an undeniable blessing between the people in the world and the people of God — that’s you! We can live in the uninterrupted blessings of God.

I got a call from a friend who has been working on certain deals in his financial business. He’s had a rough patch last few years. In recent times, he’s honored God like never before. He’s made sacrifices and served his family. He has made reconciliation. I can’t tell you how proud I am of my friend. Today, I got a call from him and he was all excited. He said, “Sandy you prayed for a breakthrough last Thursday and the very same day an unknown person walked into our office. We’re looking to close the deal within a matter of days. When this goes through, it will be our third most valuable client!” I was excited for him but I wasn’t surprised. Why? I know that when we call in God’s favor He shows up and blows up.

Today if you’re battling a sluggish business, sickness on your body, loneliness, or a relationship problem, I want to encourage you. Everything you face is temporary. One touch of God’s supernatural favor can change everything around. The wind that was once blowing against you will suddenly propel you to new heights. One thing is needed. Call in the favor of God. When we cry out to God, He hears us. He neither sleeps nor slumbers. His ears are attentive to His children — that’s you!

I don’t like shopping and it’s something I rarely do. As I’m leaving for a missions trip to China, I wanted to get some new clothes because I’ll be ministering to house church leaders who are highly respected and they’ve honored God with the high price of persecution, torture, and imprisonment. When I got to the counter, I began to chat as I usually do. When I told the clerk that I was going to China to minister, he wasn’t too sure what to think. I gave him some discount coupons that I had received in the mail, he handed them back to me. He said, “I’ve got something better!” I didn’t understand until he gave me the bill. A $45 shirt and he sold it to me for only $7.64. I didn’t really buy a whole lot but altogether he had found me $303.25 in savings! That was the supernatural favor of God. Friend, I want to encourage you to call in God’s favor. If you can see it, say it. If you will say it, you’ll see it! God has promised us an abundant life this side of heaven; let’s expect some big things from God.

One touch of God’s favor will change your life. This is what happened to Virgin Mary, the mother of our Lord. She was an ordinary woman but she honored the Almighty and she found favor in His eyes. What transpired next, through the virgin birth of our Lord, ushered in the Savior of the world! When you live a God-pleasing life and call in the favor of God, blessings, increase, health, joy, justice, peace, and promotion will find you.

I’ve learnt that the more I brag about God and what He is doing, the more I experience God’s supernatural favor in my life. I’m accustomed to preferential treatment from God and fellowmen. I’m not proud but I have a quiet confidence that everything will work out in my favor. What about you? Are you expecting the worst or are you calling in the favor of God daily?

Friend, no matter what you’re facing today, lift up your head. God delights in the prosperity of His children. Religion hates the good life God has ordained for you. Religion wants to make you pay for your wrong; bind you with guilt, doctrines, denominational walls, dos and don’ts. If you really want to enjoy the good life God has prepared for you, then you have to discover God as a loving, caring and giving Father. Of course, He is also just, righteous and a zealous God. But you know what? At the heart of God is mercy. Love is the strongest motivating force in the universe. You’re not a slave; you’re an heir. You are a child of the Most High! Step up to the plate and call in the favor. If you dare to brag on your heavenly father, you’ll see Him at work like never before. Call in God’s favor. I’m praying for you!

“The blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it” (Proverbs 10:22 NLT).

Let’s Change the World: www.buildinternational.org

Invite Sandy Anderson to Speak: Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment