Building People. Spreading Hope.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Speaking Your Way to Victory

 
Everyone loves a miracle! We marvel when we hear about God’s supernatural deeds turning an impossible situation around. Our attention is in high gear if the miracle has something to do with us. Truth is, we all have the capacity to create miracles.
 
This may sound arrogant but you have the same miracle working power as God did when He created our world and brought it into existence. He said, “Let there be light” and light came rushing in at 186,000 miles per second! When we align our words with God’s Word, we unleash a force at the speed of light to turn our negative circumstances around.
 
Our words have the capacity to prophesy doom or predict victory. Years ago, I lived and ministered in the tiny country of Nepal. Everywhere you go; it has breathtaking views of the tall Himalayan range. When I lived there, it was against the law to share Christ with the people from Hindu and Buddhist backgrounds. At the time, many were serving up to a six year prison term for witnessing. I was with a friend in a remote region sharing the Gospel in a high school when I felt a tap on my back. It was a civilian police man. He said, “You’re under arrest. Come with me.” I was young and inexperienced. Nobody taught me what to do when you’re being hauled off to prison for preaching the Gospel. I was trembling with fear. Along with me was a teenager who had already spent two years in a district prison where we were being taken for our crime. I didn’t feel very adequate but trying to be of encouragement to my younger partner in crime, I began to speak faith-filled words of being set free. At that time, I was just learning to confess God’s Word over negative circumstances. With fear and trembling, I began to say, “Your Word says that you set the captives free. Thank you Lord for setting us free. You got Peter and Silas out of jail now it’s our turn.” I can’t emphatically say if I really believed in those words but as I spoke, faith came. Five hours later, when we got to the prison, the police chief let us go free without spending one night in jail. We should have been rotting in that prison for six years but our faith-filled words brought about a miracle and set us free. Once we stepped out of the prison gate, we ran like the Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt!
 
Are you facing an impossible situation in your finances? Are you battling a sickness or an addiction? Do you need a job or a spouse? Do you believe that God will save a loved one? Do you have a legal battle hanging over your head? There’s hope! If you’re honoring God with your life, you have the power to release God’s creative force over your circumstances. Speak words in the direction you want your life to go. Our words can bless our future or they can curse it. Too many people are speaking defeat over their lives. Don’t let that be you. When you’re feeling weak, say, “I’m strong and full of health.” When you’re feeling uncertain, say, “I have the mind of Christ. I’m confident and complete in Him.” When you’re feeling alone, say, “Jesus has promised never to leave me nor forsake me.” When you’re struggling to pay your bills or go on a vacation with your family, say, “My God shall supply all my needs.” When we utter faith-filled words, we create a world we desire to live in. Positive confession of God’s Word releases unseen forces to work on our behalf. Unfortunately, negative words are also self-filling prophecy. Let’s choose life with the words we speak!
 
The Scripture says, “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.” Notice it doesn’t say “Let the redeemed of the Lord think so or wish so.” He will not do what we can do for ourselves. If we want God to turn the situation around, we’ve got to do the talking. Words are like seeds. Whatever you plant, you’ll harvest in plenty. Don’t use words to describe your situation. Use your words to change your situation. You ask, “Sandy, can my words really have that much power over my life?” Think about it! How did you get saved? Did you not believe in your heart and say a bunch of words (sinner’s prayer) that you probably didn’t even understand at that time? If your words can keep you out of eternal jail, don’t you think it can also bring heaven down on earth? I challenge you today to speak only faith-filled words. If you can’t say anything positive, it’s better not to say anything at all. You ask, “How long do I have to speak faith-filled words?” Until you get what you want! Yes, it’s that’s crucial! Friend, you can move God to act on your behalf. You can speak your way to victory. Say so!
 
“A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it! It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire” (James 3:5 The Message).
 
Let’s Change the World: www.buildinternational.org
 
Invite Sandy Anderson to Speak: Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment