Building People. Spreading Hope.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Push Through the Obstacles


We all face challenges in life that slow us down. It is easy to despair and throw our hands up in the air. But great rewards wait for those who learn to push through life’s problems and overcome them.

Our attitude towards problems, obstacles and difficulties determine how high we’re going to rise in life. When we allow small problems to affect our day in a big way, we’re losing grounds. Don’t let a phone call, email or traffic on the way to spoil your day. Take it on a stride and push through the obstacles.

The other day I had to leave town for Houston in order to get a visa for my fourteen-year old daughter Sabrina. We’re planning to go on a missions trip to India and Nepal end of this month. The website for the visa application kept hanging up so I had to try for at least ten times to fill up the form. When I went to get a paper work notarized at the bank, the lady was off duty. We had to drive to another location. We had passport size photos for her but I couldn’t find them. She had to take new set of photos. Before I left town, I called for an appointment but the recording machine kept saying, “We’re busy. Please call back later.” When I got to the visa office the receptionist said, “Sorry you don’t have an appointment. You cannot get a visa today sir.” I told her politely, “I tried to make an appointment but I couldn’t get through. I want to talk to a visa officer.” She motioned me to sit at the back of the room. Long story short, I met the visa officer and got our paper work submitted. Everything is on schedule now. My point in telling you this story is push through the obstacles. Several times I was tempted to give up. I wanted to cancel my trip. I thought of going back another day. However, pushing through the obstacles paid off.

Many times we give up when we come to a brick wall. We think this is not for me. We turn back at the first negative response. If we don’t learn to push through difficult situations, we’ll not accomplish much in life. If you have a difficult boss at work, instead of complaining about the same problem, learn to deal with a difficult person. If you’re easily offended at people’s remarks, learn to not be so easily offended. If you’re short in paying your monthly bills, adjust your spending habits and be disciplined. Problems are sure to come but how we deal with them will determine how peaceful and comfortable lives we live.

One way to look at problem is to realize, great oppositions only come to people with great destiny. The size of your problem is an indicator of the size of your destiny. In the Bible, Paul is a great character. He wrote much of the New Testament. In 2 Corinthians 11:25 Paul starts to describe some of his struggles: Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea.” This is only a small list of mishaps in Paul’s life. What I love about Apostle Paul is his tenacity to keep preaching the Gospel in spite of struggles and opposition. Paul knew how to push through obstacles. He not only had a wish-bone but also a backbone to keep pushing forward.
 
Same intensity of Apostle Paul is seen in many of our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. We work with them on a daily basis. They are beaten, persecuted, imprisoned and even killed for their faith. However, they keep moving forward with a good attitude. They’re ready to stand up and be a martyr for Christ. We need to pray for them.

Friend, no matter what you’re facing today, push through the obstacles. Nothing happens to you, everything happens for you. Not even a bird falls to the ground without the knowledge of our heavenly Father. Don’t you think God knows what you’re facing and how to get you out of it? In the heat of the battle, don’t magnify your problem, instead, magnify your God. Stay determined and expect God’s favor to move in your negative situation. God is at work. Like Paul, and my visa experience, push through some hindrances. God loves you and He cares about your needs. Be bold, be confident. God is fighting your battles for you. Will you do your part to push through your obstacles and stand firm in His promises? I’m praying for you and I believe in you!

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all” (Psalm 34:19 ESV).

Click Here to Spread the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

Book Sandy Anderson as Speaker: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment