Building People. Spreading Hope.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Being Patient in a Slow Season


If we had it our way, we would like to know what business deal will close, what relationship will work out or what career path is going to be most fruitful. Waiting around to find things out is not our strength. Yet, most of life is waiting.

If we are to enjoy life, we have to learn to be patient in slow seasons. I’ve learnt that when nothing seems to be happening is when God is working the most. Just because we don’t see movement doesn’t mean things are at a standstill. God requires we look at life with our sixth sense called faith. The Bible says, Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1 NIV).

One of the requirements of faith is trusting on God’s timing. We may go for years without seeing much result but then you meet someone that changes everything. You meet the person of your dream. You get the business connection you’ve been looking for. You get a promotion at your work. You get the loan for your dream home. You are healed from the sickness you’re fighting for so long. You get to make your first missions trip with Build International Ministries. God’s sudden moment of favor will trust you years ahead.

I can recount many occasions of God’s favor in my life. When I was one year old, my mother died. But God had already prepared an orphanage for me. When I finished high school, He had a place for me in one of the most prestigious colleges in India. When I graduated from college, he led me to the ministry. These were not just lucky breaks but God was orchestrating my whole life in the midst of what looked like a chaos. I’ve learnt that God is always looking at our best interest.

When we learn to trust God’s timing, we don’t have to feel like we’re getting behind or held back from our destiny. If we’re going to enjoy life, we’ll have to accept and blossom where we’re planted! When we’re busy producing with what we have, God will entrust us with more. We all want to move forward with our lives but when things are slow; we can use our time to sharpen our knowledge or learn a new skill. We can prepare ourselves for the promotion that’s round the corner.

I read an intriguing report on the locusts. They look ugly. These insects have a thick body and small, straight wings. They don’t have the most aerodynamic bodies. They’re comfortable being locusts with their imperfect body and wings. But they have a keen sense of understanding of the time. Locusts don’t sit around singing the blues, moping around, complaining when the right wind conditions will come. They wait patiently for the perfect timing to leap in the air. When they catch the right wind conditions they can travel for miles. Like the locusts, we need to wait for our time and ride the wind of God’s favor. You may not have the right connections, education or the know-how. Doctors may have given up on your case. Your loved ones may act like they’ll never get saved. Don’t be anxious. Stay tuned to the Holy Spirit and jump when the opportunity presents itself. In case you’re wondering, the opportunity to catch God’s wind of favor is NOW! You’ve waited your whole life to prepare for this season. Now is your moment of favor. Today is the day of your salvation.

Friend, you’re not running behind or one second late. If God is directing your steps, you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be. You may find it hard to believe but God has a purpose in what you’re facing today. He is more interested in changing us than changing our circumstances. Our scenery will change when we change. God has amazing things in store for you. Adjust your wind-sail attitude so it can guide you to your desired destination. Trust in God’s timing. God’s wind of favor is blowing in your direction. Say with me, “I can hear the wind of God’s favor blowing in my direction. This is my time to cease the opportunity. I’ll become everything God created me to be.” Friend, if you have the right attitude while waiting, like the locusts, you’ll go further than you’ve ever imagined! Smile, you’re on God’s perfect schedule.

“My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me” (Psalm 31:15 NIV).

Click Here to Spread the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

Book Sandy Anderson as Speaker: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment