Building People. Spreading Hope.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Accept the Way God Made You


Too many people today are comparing themselves with others. We don’t always realize it but a lot of our social, emotional and physical problems stem from lack of healthy self-esteem. Instead of embracing who God made them to be they’re always trying to be like someone else.

Don’t misunderstand me. There’s nothing wrong trying to better yourself, get a different style of hair or wanting to lose some weight. But if we’re constantly trying to please others by trying to be different person than who we are, then we’re wasting our time, resources and energy.

I remember growing up in high school, I was very skinny. I didn’t like that. I wanted to be like some of my friends with strong muscles and big body. I thought of changing the way I looked. So I started to exercise, lift some weight, do pushups and even eat certain food to gain weight. Instead of putting on weight I became more lean and thin. It took me years to get comfortable in my own skin. Later when I came to America, I found out that people spend thousands of dollars in medical procedures, vitamin supplements and hundreds of hours at the gym and trying to look skinny. Then I realized God was setting me up even from my young age!

People of all ages think, “If I just look like she looks…” “If I had his job…” If I had their lifestyle...” People forget that we’re custom made by God. We’re created in the image of God. You have the right size nose, perfect height and matching personality. Sure we can all act a little more like Jesus but our outward appearance has nothing to do with the value God put in us. In God’s eyes, you’re a perfect ten! You must feel the same way about yourself.

When we’re constantly struggling to fit in unconsciously we’re devaluing what God made us to be. When we’re always trying to get the approval of others, we’re degrading God’s masterpiece. Wanting to live the life of another is an endless pit. The best representation of you is to be an original.

Many people go through life never accepting the gifts and qualities God put in them. You may not look or have a body of a movie star but you’re a kind person. You may not be the best cook but you keep up with your house. You may not be a very romantic person but you provide for your family faithfully. The secret of happiness is to dwell on the gifts and talents God put in you and not put so much of your focus on what others have. You may not realize it but you’re in high demand just the way you are. Somebody out there is waiting to celebrate everything about you.

It’s ok to be you! God approved you before anyone could put a curse on you. You’re created for His glory. There’s nobody like you and never will be. Your purpose and destiny on earth is more than how you look. As soon as you realize who you are in Christ, you’ll never have to struggle another day. You don’t need to be told how good looking and smart you are. You’re all that by design because God never makes junk. You belong to the royal class. You’re so valuable that God died to make you His own!

Certainly, we all can develop our skills, habits and personalities but never do so thinking it will increase your value. You’re a good stock. Your price is going up by the day. You don’t have any business what other people think of you. What is important is you know what God thinks about you.

Let’s say this together. I’m the apple of God’s eye. I’m smart. I’m beautiful. I’m creative. I’m disciplined. I’m full of God’s favor. I’ve got what it takes. I can do all things through Christ. I’m a Victor and not a victim. I have the mind of Christ. I’m born to do great things. Friend, focus on your own gifts and talents. Seek God’s approval rather than men and you’ll be the King (or Queen) the rest of your life. Accept the way God made you. You’re the best you the world will ever know!

“For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:7 ASV).

Click Here to Spread the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

Book Sandy Anderson as Speaker: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment