Building People. Spreading Hope.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trust in God's Promises


We live in a microwave society. We want everything instantly. If we've prayed for something for three weeks and God hasn't answered our prayers yet, we throw in the towel, looking for greener pasture elsewhere.

God told Abraham that at an appointed time Sarah would bear a son. He told Abraham to look up at the sky and remember the promise. As time went by, their faith began to weaken and eventually they got involved in "helping God out." In spite of their grave mistake, God kept His promise and gave them Isaac!

We face the same problem believing in God's promises. We start off with great faith but when a long time elapses, we become weak in our faith. Today we will discuss trusting in God's promise in times of adversity.

Find your promise in God's Word. If it's in God's Word, you can count on it. God will keep His promise no matter how impossible it looks. Some of God's promises are peace, joy, healing, provision, and salvation. Remind God every day what He has promised. Instead of nagging, brag on His promises to you.

Write down the promise and place them in a prominent place where you can see it every day. Stick it on the mirror, fridge, computer screen, car steering - anywhere that will remind you of His promise. Every time you remember, thank God for bringing it to pass.

Make a point of contact. When I pass a bank, I say under my breath, "Thank you Lord for providing my needs and allowing me to touch the world." When I pass a graveyard I say, "Thank you Lord for satisfying me with a long, healthy life." There are certain dreams in my heart that only God knows. I have pictures of those things on my desk and in my house. When I run into them, I say, "Thank you Lord for satisfying the longing desires of my heart." Put up pictures of what you're believing God for!

Don't be consumed by the promise. If you think you have to have something in order to be happy, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It is good to believe in God's promise but don't forget to enjoy life in the mean time. Do what you know is right while you're waiting on God's promise. Don't put your life on hold. Live every day as if it was the last day of your life.

Keep a good attitude. When you keep a good attitude while you wait, you'll draw God's attention. That is what Paul and Barnabas did in the prison. After they've been beaten and thrown into a dungeon, they began to sing God's praises in the midnight hour. God sent an earthquake and not only they're set free but the jailor got saved! Friend, when you keep a positive attitude, you'll influence others in their faith.

Do not pull out your seed. When you're waiting on God's promise, do not make the mistake of getting in a hurry and pulling up your seed. Stay committed and connected. Bloom where you are planted. Remain faithful to the things God has given you now. There is a tsunami of breakthrough coming that will catapult you to a new level of God's blessing.

"My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do" (Isaiah 55:11 God's Word).

Click Here to Change the World: www.buildinternational.org
 
Stay Inspired: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUILD-International-Ministries/113937368637778?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment