Building People. Spreading Hope.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Get Involved in World Missions


Yesterday, I was having dinner with some friends. At one point the wife looked at her husband and said, “Can I tell him?” Then she proceeded to tell me how they do not have to make a certain monthly payment on something that was now paid for. She said, “Brother Sandy, we want to double our commitment to Build International Ministries this year with the money we are saving.” My friends are not rich but they have their priorities in the right place. I know they’ll experience God’s favor in 2013.

God’s Spirit is on me; he’s chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, To set the burdened and battered free, to announce, “This is God’s year to act!” (Luke 4:18-19 Message).

If you want to see God’s power operate in your life like never before, do yourself a favor and get involved in reaching our crying, sighing and dying world. As disciples of Christ every Christian needs to do the following:

1. We must relate to wider body of Christ to fulfill the Great Commission.
2. We must respond to the suffering of our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ.
3. We must use our resources to reach those who have never heard the Gospel – once!

When we respond to God’s heart for the poor, persecuted and lost humanity, “God will act on our behalf.” He will pay you back for the sacrifices you make.

Get Involved in World Missions: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment