Building People. Spreading Hope.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Emmanuel: God with Us


Merry Christmas my friends! Today is the best day of the year for me. Christmas is a reminder that there’s hope no matter how bad the situation may look like. God’s love for the human race was made perfect through the Gift of Jesus our Lord.

Christmas was the day when God became flesh. He sent heaven’s most prized possession to redeem us back from the eternal hell. For centuries, religion is man reaching out to God but Christmas is God reaching down to a fallen human race. Christ made a way for us to be reunited with our Maker in heaven. I just get excited thinking about God’s big idea to be born as a small human being. It takes a human to understand another. Jesus gave up His Sonship in heaven and was born to live among us. He name is Emmanuel: God with us.

Recently, I came across a poem from the famous Detroit folk poet Edgar Guest. He wrote for the Free Press for many decades, eventually publishing over 11,000 poems. I think this poem describe our Lord perfectly for me.
I’d rather see a sermon
            than hear one any day;
I’d rather one should walk with me
            than merely tell the way.
The eye’s a better pupil
            and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
            but example’s always clear;
And the best of all preachers
            are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
            is what everybody needs.
I soon can learn to do it
            if you’ll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
            but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver
            may be very wise and true,
But I’d rather get my lessons
            by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you
            and the high advice you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding
            how you act and how you live.


Christmas is when God came to live among us. He didn’t just show us the Way to God; He walked with us. He was fully God and yet a total human being. He understands us.

Friend, if you’re a little unsure of where your life is right now, know that you’re not alone. God with us - Emmanuel is right there with you. He is leading the Way for you. He knows your name and your pain, tears, suffering, struggles and all. Jesus said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” For God so loved YOU that He gave His only Son... Christmas is a time of miracle. If God can orchestrate a supernatural virgin birth, He can handle any of our impossible situations. He loves you too much to leave you where you are right now. Better days are right in front of you. You don’t have to be alone anymore. His grace is made perfect in our weakness. Won’t you give your heart to Jesus? He’s Emmanuel: God with us. Merry Christmas my friend! You’re prayed for and celebrated. JOY to the WORLD the Lord has come. I love you!

“So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us?” (Romans 8:32 The Message).

Celebrate Christ; Impact Lives: www.buildinternational.org

Invite Sandy Anderson to Speak: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment