Building People. Spreading Hope.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Put On God’s Favor


As finite human beings we can only think, do and achieve so much by ourselves. When we call on God’s favor, we’ll attract more of it. When we have God’s favor working in our lives, we’ll live a supernatural life.

One of the benefits of following God is that we come into His favor. That means, God watches over us and executes special things for us. We don’t deserve it, most of the time we don’t even expect it but God sends special favor just to put a smile on our face. Our job is to recognize God’s favor and thank Him for it when it happens.

Yesterday, I was at the Honda Service Center because some warning light had come on. Darrel has been servicing my car for a long time. When he checked me in he warned that it could take a while and cost a bit of money. Obviously, I wasn’t thrilled to hear about the cost. When Darrel got done after almost two hours I was ready to pay anything and get out of there. When I went to the payment counter, Darrel said, “Mr. Anderson, you don’t have to pay anything.” He had found some way to cover for my cost. I was ecstatic! I thanked him and left with my car keys. Half way to my car I turned around and asked, “Darrel, if I were to pay you for the work, how much would it cost?” Darrel said, “Three to four hundred dollars!” I smiled and left quickly before he could change his mind. When I sat down in the car, I began to thank God for His favor in unusual places. I’m praising Him by acknowledging His goodness!

One of the things we can do to live a victorious life is to be aware of God’s favor. Just like we put on our clothes before we leave our homes, we have to learn to put on God’s favor before we face the world every day. In front of the mirror, when you’re driving, put on God’s favor. When we call on God’s favor and expect it, we’ll attract more of it. Every day, before I leave home, I release God’s favor upon my life. I like to think of God’s favor like a force field that surrounds me wherever I go.

In the Bible, a Persian King Ahasuerus was looking for a bride to be his queen. There were plenty of young ladies qualified for the vacancy. In the middle of all the beautiful women from rich and famous background was a simple Jewish girl named Esther. She was an orphan raised by her cousin Mordecai. When it was time for King Ahasuerus to choose, he picked Esther to become his wife. What was that? It was God’s favor over Esther. Friend, no matter what you’re going through today, do not underestimate the favor of God. When your life pleases God, He will make you stand out in the mob.

Friend, your business may have been slow but don’t write off God’s favor. Sales numbers may look depressing but God is not finished with His favor yet. The sickness may have lingered longer than you expected – don’t give up without calling in God’s favor. The debt may have been there for years but one touch of God’s favor will eliminate it. Friend, the more we’re aware of God’s favor, the more we’ll attract it. God has 101 ways to bring us favor.
 
When we live right before God, it is our inheritance to live under the blessings of God. One of the things we can actively do to bring God’s favor into our lives is to proclaim it. Allow me to speak a blessing of favor into your life today.

“Thank you Lord, I’m blessed coming in; blessed going out. I’m the head and not the tail. The favor of God surrounds me. My children are blessed and mighty in the land. Even strangers will be good to me and my family today. As I show favor to others, God will bring favor into my life. I have God’s favor of plenty upon my life. I have overflowing, joy, peace and provision. I will have abundance for my family and plenty left over to bless others. As I follow God, I call in sales, commissions and bonuses to find me. I have the job of my dream. Promotion is seeking me. I’m God’s favorite and people around me acknowledge that. Divine health is coming into my life. I am healed! My marriage is blessed and prosperous. I’m above and not beneath. Today something gooooood is going to happen to me. I’m blessed and I cannot be cursed. Thank you Lord for sending me favor and causing me to stand out! I’m aware of your favor and I thank you for it. In Jesus’ name.” Friend, be aware of God’s favor. It’s chasing you down today! I love you and I’m praying for you.

“Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield” (Psalm 5:12 NIV).

Click Here to Spread the Message of Hope: www.buildinternational.org

Invite Sandy Anderson to Speak: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment