Building People. Spreading Hope.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Permit God to Prosper You


It is amazing how many people limit themselves to prosper! Nobody wants to be poor yet very few take the initiative to prosperous. Most people don’t prosper because they have the wrong concept of prosperity.

Allow me to share a few definition of prosperity I came across on the internet. Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, good fortune or successful social status. Prosperity often encompasses wealth but also includes other factors such as happiness and health. Prosperity is referred to as flourishing, easy living, well-to-do, very lively and profitable, doing a roaring trade, peace and favor. My own definition of prosperity is to thrive in our relationship with our Creator (from whom all blessings flow), having plenty for our families and plenty left over to help others. Prosperity is not just measured with money but it also includes good health, peace, and harmony and sterling relationships.

When I was getting started in the ministry, I was taught by well-meaning mentors that money was evil. We’re to shun money and embrace poverty. It wasn’t hard to do. It didn’t take any faith or hard work. We’re already so poor. It was a great struggle to do the work of the ministry due to lack of finances. I remember, once a friend offered to give a generous donation. I flatly refused wanting to look pious and not interested in “filthy lucre.” I kicked myself all the way back home thinking all the people we could have helped with that donation. I’ve come a long way since then! I’ve learned prosperity is defined by now how much we earn or hoard for ourselves but how much we give away to improve and impact the lives of others (especially with the Gospel of Christ). Let me share a few thoughts I’ve learnt about prosperity.

Start with a big dream. If we have a “me and my four and no more” mentality, we won’t have much. True prosperity (love, joy, peace, relationships and finances) is to have such abundance that it will begin to overflow. You cannot have a small dream and great riches. God who created the oceans, the Himalayas, the stars and the vast universe lives in you. If you dare to put others first and dream big, He will fulfill your every desire. Permit God to prosper you.

Agree with God in your thinking. One of the greatest hindrances to prosperity is between our two ears. It is our stinking thinking that keeps us from getting ahead in life. Make God the source of your income. When we limit ourselves to our jobs, stocks, commission checks and businesses, we’re liming God. God has unusual ways to provide for us. Once, the Israelites craved for meat in the wilderness. There were about seven million of them on their journey to the Promised Land. God caused wind to blow and millions of quails flew right over their head and suddenly fall dead in the camps of the Israelite! Do not limit God with our finite mind. Let’s break free from the shackles of our past experiences and generational poverty mindset. You’ll receive as much as you see yourself possessing. That’s called faith.
 
Speak prosperity. You can’t have a poor mouth and a rich life. Say, “I’m blessed. I’m rich. I have abundance. I have plenty for myself and plenty leftover to bless the world.” The Bible says, let the poor SAY… I’m rich. Anyone can say I’m prosperous when they’re rich. That doesn’t take any faith. You may think it stupid to say, “I’m rich while I’m clearly broke!” Listen to what the Word of God has to say, Even God, who quickens the dead, and calls those things which be not as though they were." Abraham was declared to be the Father of many nations long BEFORE he ever had a child. Faith in your prosperity has to do with the words of your mouth. Don’t beg, plead and try to twist God’s arm to bless you. He’s already convinced and ready to prosper you. Seek the Provider and provision will find you!

Last but not the least, if you want God to prosper you, do what is right before God. Have integrity before God. When we honor God with our words, life and actions, we will draw in God’s favor. Be kind to your spouse and children. Respect and honor those who are in authority. Help the poor and needy. Seek first the Kingdom of God and all the material things will be added to you. Allow God and yourself to prosper so that you can become a blessing to others.

“Let the LORD be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of his servant” (Psalm 35:27 King James 2000).

Click Here to Reach the Most Unreached: www.buildinternational.org

Invite Sandy Anderson to Speak: Call 972 800 4346, Email: buildinternational@sbcglobal.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment