Building People. Spreading Hope.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Put Up a Fight


Like it or not, life is a fight. As long as you’ll live, there will be struggles and challenges. Instead of thinking, “Why is it happening to me?” a better way to think is, “I will overcome this also.”

Life’s a lot like taking of your backyard. You can neglect it for a while but if you’re not proactive, the weeds will come out thick and fast. Interesting thing about weeds is you never have to plant a weed seed. They come persistently – uninvited. I have learnt that if we are not aggressive in our fight, the enemy will overrun our lives.

Conflict, disappointment and trouble come uninvited. If you are not proactive, it will soon permeate your life. Today, I want to encourage you to stay on guard prepared for the battle [with the enemy]. Have bulldog tenacity. Say to yourself, “I’m going to win this battle. I will not cower, I will not go retrieve. I will fight till then end.” Your attitude about your situation will determine the outcome of your fight. If you’re a Christian, remember this – you’re fighting from the position of victory. Our God has already won the war for us. The Bible says, The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes (Deuteronomy 1:30 NASB).

Let me share a quote from one of my mentors whose passion was to see the unreached people reached with the Gospel of Christ:

Great it is to dream the dream
When you stand in youth by the starry stream…
But a greater thing is to fight life through,
Fight, fight, fight…
And say at the end,
The dream is true. ~ Late Pastor John Osteen

“The kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it” (Matthew 11:12 NIV).

Change the World with the Message of Love: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment