Building People. Spreading Hope.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Don’t Jump Off the Plane


Recently I was returning from one of international ministry trips to Asia. We were flying over Iceland when the announcement came through, “We’re going to have some turbulence ahead.”

We all rechecked to fasten our seat belt. Shortly after, we hit the bad weather. The plane began to shake violently. I had never experienced anything like that. Inside the plane all the lights were turned off. I pretended to be asleep but under my blanket, I clung to the arm rest of my seat as hard as I could and began to pray. I repented from my past, present and future sins. I asked for forgiveness of the sins of my neighbors. But the turbulence outlasted all my prayers. The enemy reminded me of all the flights that had broken into two in the midair. Finally, all I could say was, “Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!” The bad weather continued for over an hour. Finally the turbulence subsided and we landed safely on the grounds.

In life, sometimes we have to go through “turbulences.” It is unwelcomed and scary but in order to get to the better side, you have to wade through some bad weather. No matter what you’re facing, make up your mind not to push the eject button. Stay calm, cool and committed and in the end, you too will receive your reward.

Maybe you are in business and it’s going slow. Stay committed. Keep working on your clients. Their inaction or “no” is not the final answer. They’re simply saying, “Come back to me later when I’m able to do business with you.” Go back to your past clients and tell them about your new product. Ask them to increase their business with you. You may have invested a lot of time on a previous client and the deal fell through. Return to them with a positive attitude and you’ll be surprised that they are more than ready to do business with you now.

Friend, no matter what you are facing – work related problem, a legal challenge, a financial crisis, a health issue, troubled marriage or some other relationship matter, do not jump off your plane. Tighten your seatbelt and wade through your turbulence. Beyond fear is victory!

Jesus said, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world" (John 16:33 NLT). Be brave. Stay committed. You’ve got what it takes. You will make it through the turbulent times. I’m praying for you and I believe in you!

Change the World with the Message of Love: www.buildinternational.org

No comments:

Post a Comment