Building People. Spreading Hope.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Be the Prophet of Your Own Life

Once, when my daughter Sabrina was eight years old she began to complain how hard it was to finish one page of math (90 problems). Normally she’s the most focused of all three of my kids. I put her on my lap and asked her to repeat after me, “Math is easy and it is fun. I can do this in no time.” Immediately she protested, “But it is not!” I reminded her of the scripture, “Let the weak SAY I’m strong.” (Joel 3:10) After a little persuasion, she repeated, “I love math, I can do this in no time. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Long story short, she was able to finish math in record 13 minutes!

Solomon, the wisest man in history wrote, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” (Prov. 18:21) What we often don’t realize is the choice of our own words has tremendous power. Words are like seeds. When they come out of our mouth we’re giving life to what we’re saying, either good or bad. Every time we use negative words, it’s like watering that seed. And before long it will produce exactly what we’re saying!

I Peter 3:10 says, “He who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil.” By the choice of our own words we can make ourselves happy or we can make ourselves miserable. Our words will drag us down or lift us up.

A father and son were taking a hike in the mountain when suddenly the boy slipped and fell 15-20 feet down the cliff. Fortunately he grabbed on to a bush and shouted, “Somebody help me!” The boy was startled when his own voice boomed back, “Somebody help me!” The boy said, “Who are you?” The voice returned, “Who are you?” Annoyed, the boy shouted, “You’re a coward!” The same words shouted back, “You’re a coward!” Just about that time his father got down to his rescue. The boy said, “Dad, what is that voice mocking me?” The father smiled and yelled out, “I’m a winner.” In seconds his voice boomed back, “I’m a winner.” He shouted again, “I’ve got what it takes.” The voice replied, “I’ve got what it takes.” Then he turned to his boy and said, “Son that is called an echo. But it is also called life! Whatever you send out will come back to you!!!”

Friend, let me ask you a question. What words are you sending out today? Did you know it is scientifically proven that the words that will impact you the most are the ones coming out of your own mouth?

Words are a creative force. Jesus said, “Whatsoever you SAY, you shall have.” (Mark 1:23) Let’s choose words out of God’s creative dictionary – the Bible and carve out a brilliant future for ourselves.

Friend, I challenge you to make a daily confession list that is based on God’s Word. If you SAY it long enough and believe it firm in your heart, it will surely come to pass. You can prophesy and create your own dream future.

Words! Words!! Words!!! Your words have creative power! Choose your words carefully today. Tomorrow, you will eat the fruit of it.


Partner with Us in World Missions: http://www.buildinternational.org
Stay inspired on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/BUILDInternational

No comments:

Post a Comment