Building People. Spreading Hope.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Upgrade Your Expectations


Expectations can either make or break us. Having little expectation results in having little in life. If you cannot foresee things improving, they will not. However, if you expect to be healed, get promoted, or experience financial increase then you will see new levels of favor and success.

I recently flew back to Dallas from Japan after returning from a mission trip to Indochina. When I approached my boarding gate, I heard my name on the loud speaker. I was unable to catch everything so I made my way to the counter. The lady asked me for my boarding pass. When I handed it to her, she tore it up and presented me with a new one. She said, “Congratulations, Mr. Anderson, we have upgraded you to Premier Class.” I thanked her, accepted it graciously and walked away with a smile.

On several other occasions, I have been upgraded to first-class seats. Why is that? It is because I ask God for favor every time I travel. I thank Him for the best seats and the best airline service. I travel with high expectations and usually end up with preferential treatment.

Let me ask you a question. What are you expecting? Are you expecting big things, small things, or nothing at all?

As a young man who experienced many negative things in life, I coined the phrase, “No expectation, and no frustration.” When you are hit with a series of bad breaks, injustice or a chronic illness, it is easy to anticipate the worst. However, if you shift your attitude and expect the best—to live in health and accomplish your dreams—then you will attract blessings and favor. Do not let negative experiences keep you from enjoying the good things God has for you today. Expect God-things!

In Mark Chapter 10, Jesus was leaving Jericho and a great crowd followed him. There was a blind beggar on the side of the road named Bartimaeus. When he heard all the commotion, he started shouting, "Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me!" The people around him told him to be quiet. They saw Bartimaeus as insignificant.  They didn’t think Jesus would be interested in him. The odds were against Bartimaeus but he had high expectations. The more the crowd tried to quiet him, the louder he shouted. Finally, Jesus stopped and asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” Bartimaeus answered, "I want to see!" Jesus replied, "Go on your way. Your faith has made you whole." Instantly he could see.

Here is what I want you to see. There were other sick people present that day, yet Bartimaeus was the only one who was healed. Why? Bartimaeus went out there expecting a healing! He did not let people talk him out of it, nor did he let the circumstances get him down. He put his faith into action and got what he expected!

Every morning when you wake up, say to yourself, “Something good is going to happen to me today!” You have to get your expectation going in the right direction at the beginning of each day. Then throughout the day go around thanking God, expecting your miracle.

Are you letting the enemy talk you out of what God has put in your heart? The enemy is a liar and a deceiver. He will tell you, “You will never get out of debt! You will never get well! You will never go on that mission trip! You will never reach your potential, you have too much opposition!"

Be like Bartimaeus and ignore what people are saying. Delete the negative experiences of your past. Shrug off the worry, defeat, and doubt. Do not try to figure out how everything will work out. When the opposition is too high, you have to want it on a new level. You cannot be passive and expect to have a good life. Life may have given you some lemons but you have to be determined and optimistic. Things may look impossible right now but God can do the impossible. The odds may be against you but Almighty God—the Creator of the Universe—is for you. Where you are now is not your final destiny. You have to believe in the goodness of God. He wants you happy, healthy, enjoying life, and helping those without hope. Get your passion back. Get your enthusiasm back. Get your expectation antenna out. No matter what has happened in the past, today is a new day. God is doing a new thing. Upgrade your expectations. If you do this, I pray and declare that your expectations shall not be cut off!

“My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him” (Psalm 62:5 NKJV).

Become a Life Changer: https://buildinternational.org
Building People. Spreading Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment